Document & CAD AdministratorFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Support all Product Development & Engineering (PD&E) and other business functions through configuration, operation, and maintenance of Document Management Systems and software. Collaborate with users of PD&E specific software packages through management of annual contracts, providing necessary training, and ensuring efficient use and best practices are applied for each software package.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and support configuration of Document Management Systems (DMS) and software, including meta-data configuration.
- Provide expert knowledge of DMS vault configuration and data management
- Responsible for training new users of DMS including creation of documentation and training guides.
- Provide Level 1 support to users for DMS software and application.
- Responsible for uptime and maintenance of DMS including new user setup, security settings & permissions, vault configuration changes, meta-data effectiveness, and upgrades as available.
- Regularly check on performance of DMS to ensure efficient application for Product Development & Engineering associates.
- Act as an advocate of DMS best practices, methods, and processes.
- Develop, manage, and own all PD&E document related workflows including check-in/check-out, engineering manager approvals, and Engineering Changes (request, approval, notification).
- Maintain and update standard formats and templates for engineering documentation.
- Provide Level 1 support to users across all PD&E (software) applications.
- With support of expert level users, define and document best practices, methods, training guides, and standard company processes for all PD&E applications.
- Collaborate across all PD&E and manufacturing departments to continuously improve methods and practices, share new practices, and drive an error-free approach to product design and CAD modeling.
- Working closely with Information Technology (IT), responsible for uptime and maintenance of PD&E applications, and to review license usage, needs, and upgrades of all PD&E applications to support all users.
- Main contact with service and application suppliers including technical issues and business-related topics, e.g. requirements for annual maintenance, configuration services, and training services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Associate Degree in Computer Technology, Information Technology, Engineering Technology, CAD Design/Drafting or related technical field;
- Five (5) years’ Product Data/Document Management (PDM) experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Five (5) years 3D CAD experience;
- Familiar with stage gate product development methods and processes;
- Ability to create and read engineering drawings and specifications, understanding of ANSI/ASME Y14.5;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other departments & external resources;
- Proven ability to exercise indirect leadership and work independently;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience operating SolidWorks PDM Professional or PTC Windchill;
- Advanced skill using SolidWorks (3D CAD);
- Familiar with programming in HTML, PHP, and SQL applications;
- Experience with BOM (Bill of Material) generation and configuration management;
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system;
- Experience in a training role or projects required to roll out new applications;
- Experience in furniture development or manufacturing.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|