Production Manager-SteelFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription Insurance.
- 2 weeks vacation (prorated at start date).
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid holidays and one floating holiday.
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
PRODUCTION MANAGER POSITION OVERVIEW:
Develops and maintains workforce to meet steel production requirements, Tool & Die Department, Fixture Department and Maintenance Department to support all Dubuque Division production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains production workforce to meet steel production requirements and maximize labor gain.
- Maintains tooling and fixture department to meet production needs.
- Works with production scheduling to coordinate production materials to meet schedules.
- Works with purchasing to coordinate materials to meet production schedules.
- Works with supervisor to see that Company policies are followed and enforced.
- Works with engineering on new product releases and product improvements.
- Recommends machine and equipment needs and purchases.
- Provides personnel/payroll with needed associate recordkeeping information.
- Exhibits a positive attitude toward safety and health and fosters this attitude within each department.
- Ensures that all operations are performed with regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved.
- Ensures that all employees within each department receive all required orientation training and all required ongoing training.
- Ensures, through frequent inspections, that the work environment within each department is safe and that employees are working in a safe manner.
- Ensures that all noted safety and health deficiencies are reported, corrected and not repeated.
- Drive continuous improvement tools through the engagement of associates to eliminate waste. Must have the ability to drive process changes that will improve Safety, Quality, Productivity and improve cost.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge and deployment of continuous improvement tools.
- Must follow and enforce all safety rules and procedures. Must complete detailed incident investigation reports including implementation of corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Collage degree and or equivalent job-related experience
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous manufacturing or production experience.
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|