Corporate Industrial Engineer (Distribution & Logistics)Flexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Provides engineering support for all Flexsteel distribution sites and project lead support for current and future distribution project initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage logistics projects.
- Work with Distribution, Transportation, and Logistics leadership team to develop strategy and project plan.
- Develop plans and implement initiatives that address changes anticipated for the business - distribution technology, systems, layout, equipment, storage, and space utilization.
- Create and secure approval of projects that support strategic initiatives and encompass project scope, business objectives, anticipated value including return-on-investment (ROI), assumptions and risks, roles and responsibilities, integration points, schedules with well-defined deliverables and milestones, critical success factors, and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Provide regular communication and updates to Sponsor Team.
Distribution MHE/ Storage:
- Responsible for evaluation and specification development of proper material handling equipment (MHE) used for all areas of distribution, delivery, handling, storage, and racking requirements for distribution operations based off geography, inventory type, and facility layout.
- Develop engineering diagrams and facility layout instructions where appropriate.
- Work with Packaging Engineer to evaluate, test, and improve packaging specific to furniture type, application and number of touches to improve overall quality of product and safety of handling through delivery to consumer.
- Evaluate packaging standards against trailer cube utilization to evaluate best utilization opportunities to reduce freight cost without compromising quality.
- Identify optimal material handling equipment for application and cost, to transport product safely, quickly, and efficiently.
- Lead supplier negotiations and bidding processes for high level expenses associated with distribution equipment and storage.
- Prepare RFP presentations where needed. Prepare return on investment (ROI) analysis for support and approval on purchase where required.
Continuous Process Improvement / Documentation:
- Responsible for evaluating process flows within the distribution operations from inbound planning & receiving to outbound loading & shipping to fleet driver unloading & delivery.
- Develop ‘best practice’ strategy and training to align process improvements to improve safety and quality, while reducing cost.
- Prepare process documentation and communication process flows for execution and training.
- Foster continuous improvement processes with leading principles of safety, quality, cost and service.
- Support operational management in resolving production & quality problems via root cause analysis.
Time & Motion Study/ Incentives:
- Perform time and motion study techniques to determine the times for various distribution operations, to simplify or eliminate motions.
- Establish wage incentives standards to support all applications within distribution and transportation.
- Build and maintain an employee quality program used for tracking individual quality performance and to help drive improvements with receiving, packing, put away and load accuracy.
- Production – Responsible for building and maintaining production based analytic reporting. Identify key production tasks within operational areas of the DC for building out this data. The data will allow the leadership team within the DC to tell their operational story, analyze processes that influence their daily performance, be used for planning staff, help with goal setting and for supporting continuous improvement planning.
- Performance Quality - Responsible for building and maintaining quality based analytic reporting. Identify key quality tasks within operational areas of the DC for building out this data. The data will allow the leadership team to measure the employee quality index, set goals for improving building/employee performance and for identify training opportunities.
- Inventory – Responsible for building and maintaining analytic reporting for location utilization, capacity and aged inventory. This data will allow the team to improve put away/picking performance, plan appropriate slotting of incoming product as well as drive conversations with procurement and sales teams.
- Transportation – Responsible for supporting landed cost & time analysis for the development of new distribution sites, cross dock facilities, or new major accounts within Flexsteel’s supply chain to optimize transit time and cost.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Engineering Degree required, Industrial Engineering Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience working within distribution or transportation required
- Strong oral/ written communication and analytical skill set required.
- Influential leadership over cross functional teams and project management experience preferred.
- Experience in Advanced Excel and other Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of distribution/fulfillment industry practices, ideally in an automated environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work with minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills combined with the ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Experience working with performance quality programs.
- Experience building analytical reporting designed for understanding business performance and continuous improvement opportunities.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|