Spring 2019 Finance InternFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Assists with a variety of assignments in the areas of Finance and Accounting including but not limited to analyzing data, preparing financial reports and learning about finance within the Company.
Provides financial support to Finance and Accounting leadership as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports with high degree of accuracy and completeness.
- Support month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and manufacturing facility financial statement reviews.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of financial forecasts and annual operating plans.
- Assists with testing and documentation of internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Responsible for maintaining and adding efficiencies to monthly margin reports for
business unit leaders.
- Complete accounting and finance projects, as assigned by supervisor.
- Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
A) working to meet clearly stated internal customer requirements
B) looking for opportunities to improve work processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Word and Excel.
- A high degree of confidentiality is required.
- Prior financial/accounting experience helpful.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers