Nurse - Patient Navigator - Case Management - Full Time - DaysMercyOne, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Mercy Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. Mercy – Dubuque has 263 beds while Mercy – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
Mercy offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. Mercy also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. Mercy’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital in 2009.
Mercy Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
Mercy is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at www.mercydubuque.com.
The Patient Navigator coordinates care across the continuum for patients within an identified population and assists patients in "navigating" the healthcare system. The patient navigator's focus is to help patients maintain an optimal level of health at the right location and encourages patient engagement in their own healthcare. Patient Navigators collaborate with physicians, social services, nurses and community agencies to define care options and resources, to plan cost effective quality care and to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Must be a registered nurse and must hold an active license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa with reciprocity in Wisconsin. Must have IL nursing license or obtain upon hire.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required; Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification in case management (CCM), public health and/or community health preferred.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) will be required within 30 days of hire and every 2 years thereafter.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Minimum of four years of clinical experience required.
- Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes:
- Computer Proficiency
- Required to evaluate care effectiveness (care process, outcomes and cost) for individual users of health care and patient populations.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and a variety of web-based programs and browsers, with the willingness and ability to update and increase skills as needed to meet the goals of the departments.
- Requires ability to use other software to perform the essential functions of the job.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|