Middle School Teacher - Maquoketa, IA ($750 Sign-on Bonus)Hillcrest Family Services, Maquoketa, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Many times, parents are at their wit's end when their child is struggling in school. If this sounds familiar, then it's time to become acquainted with the Anna B. Lawther Academy at Hillcrest in Dubuque, Iowa. We're the education experts for struggling students; we've changed the lives of hundreds of troubled adolescents and teens and seen them graduate from our school or return to their previous school and graduate from there. In our K-12 Academy, our top-notch teachers have a long and successful track record of educating students in need of specialized behavioral care.
Education Services Include
- K-12 education for struggling children and teens
- Quality education for students requiring personalized therapy and counseling
- Top-notch teachers and facilities
- Coordinators to help parents navigate the education systems and handle the details
As a Teacher, your primary responsibility includes functioning as an integral member of the Hillcrest Schools by working closely with agency personnel and school personnel to educate students based on individual education plans. This includes:
- Performing patient interviews, obtaining and reviewing health history, and obtain client vital signs
- Providing client education including basic anatomy and physiology, contraceptives, and health care
- Obtaining releases of information and medical records
- Accurately documenting care given in electronic health record system
- Stocking interview and exam rooms with necessary equipment and forms
What you need
- B.S. degree, special education certification teacher license required
- Strat II certification required or willingness to enroll in Strat II certification course upon hire
- Mandt training required upon hire and every year thereafter
- Must be able to drive Agency vehicles
What Makes You Stand Out
- Previous experience and knowledge working with special need students
- Having the ability and personality characteristics to establish and maintain a supportive relationship with students and associates
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|