Assistant Chief Flight Instructor - Fixed-WingUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The Aviation Department at the University of Dubuque is seeking a Full-time Assistant Chief Flight Instructor – Fixed-Wing.
- Fixed-wing flight training and related activities for the Flight Operations program
- Administer Stage Checks and Check Rides
- Assist the Chief Instructor in managing training activities, Training Course Outlines (TCO) and ensure compliance with record keeping
- Mentor and supervise Flight Instructors
- Ensure compliance with Title 14 CFR applicable to flight training, other regulatory policies and the Safety Management Systems
- Assist the Director of Safety & Operations on safety and security related responsibilities
- Any other duties as assigned in the advancement of the UD and aviation department mission
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Meet FAA recent flight experience requirements pursuant to FAR part 141.36 and 61.57
- Meet all FAR Part 141 Assistant Chief Flight instructor requirements for Private and Instrument certificates. Preference given to candidates meeting the Commercial, Multi-Engine and/or Flight Instructor certificates and ratings
- Worked for a minimum of 1 year as a Flight Instructor within a Part 141 flight school or collegiate flight training environment; or currently working as an Assistant Chief Instructor in a flight training school
- Current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate (CFII and MEI) in Fixed-Wing aircraft and a current FAA flight medical
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written
- Exceptional skills using Microsoft Office
- Valid US driver’s license
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. The Aviation Department manages three Aviation Programs that provide students with the academic and professional tools needed to success in all segments of the Aviation Industry.
To apply for the Full-time Assistant Chief Flight Instructor – Fixed-Wing position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website (http://www.dbq.edu/AboutUD/Employment/Jobs/), to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|