Continuous Improvement EngineerFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
This individual will work with the Continuous Improvement Manager and will be responsible for supporting and assisting in the organization, planning, implementation, and follow-through of continuous improvement initiatives established within the Company’s Strategic Plan. The Continuous Improvement Engineer will help monitor our current operations and determine more efficient production processes. Responsibilities include analyzing operations, improving workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final product meet established quality standards. Current projects include but not limited to lean projects in 5S, standard work, the development of MDI processes and facility layout/reconfiguration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This Continuous Improvement Engineering position is the primary support role to the Continuous Improvement Manager in that individual’s job duties. Additionally, responsibilities include:
- Develop competency in a wide range of engineering methods, Lean tools, and quality standards. Coaches employees in the use and implementation of CI, Quality Assurance and Lean Principals. Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against the site objectives as needed.
- Facilitate successful 5S, value stream mapping, kaizen, problem solving and rapid improvement process events with both internal and external consultants, customers, and suppliers, with a major emphasis on locally focused improvement. Provides support for all follow-throughs required to sustain the improvements established during the events.
- Assist in the collection of data for tracking improvement and performs statistical analysis.
- Assist in coordinating, identifying, and implementing best practices across the Company as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Must have the ability to understand apply lean concepts, data analysis and project management principles to drive process and project efficiency
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, system and change implementation skills, strong verbal, and written communication skills
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding employees and company business
- A demonstrated ability for problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of industrial safety systems and regulations such as OSHA workplace regulations
- Must be able to lead the activities of other employees to achieve company goals
- Excellent organization, time management and resiliency skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective meetings, and seek clarity of critical information
- Documentation and organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read blueprints or other engineering documents and work orders.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, bend or twist. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, squatting.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Working knowledge of computer databases. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and Power Point and be proficient in these applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working environment is a typical office setting with low noise level. This individual may be required occasionally to work in a warehouse or production environment where the noise level is moderate to loud. May have to work outside occasionally and be exposed to outside weather elements.
This listing has expired
Continuous Improvement Process
Industrial Safety Systems
Root Cause Analysis
Value Stream Mapping
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|