PlannerBodine Electric Company, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Plans and establishes production schedules for a defined segment of our manufacturing operation, involving highly diversified parts, assemblies or tooling to conform to requirements of the master production schedule. Works with purchasing department to ensure sufficient parts are planned and released to support production schedules. Monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production and reviews factors that affect schedules. Makes necessary modifications to schedules, issuing orders to appropriate department or supplier due to revisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules and releases orders to individual departments and analyzes new orders to plan, schedule and release to achieve goals of inventory, customer service, safety, quality, and budget.
- Works with assigned areas to resolve production issues.
- Liaising with Materials, Purchasing and Manufacturing to assure that Master Schedule and corporate objectives are met.
- Performs activities required to implement Engineering design changes as assigned.
- Analyzes and adjusts schedules, as necessary, driven by changes in Master Schedule, raw material availability, or production constraints. Balances inventory plan with production constraints considering Master schedule and corporate goals.
- Monitors inventory control record anomalies, seeks adjustments as necessary, analyzes results and adjusts schedules.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows all departmental work procedures and company policies, including all company safety policies.
- Participates in maintaining the company’s quality system and adheres to standard operating procedures as applicable.
- Participates in employee training programs.
- Ensures the work area and equipment is properly maintained to provide a safe and efficient operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Must possess leadership skills to motivate other associates to achieve company goals.
- Must be knowledgeable of BEC information systems such as Visual PDM, 4th Shift, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other BEC process documentation.
- Knowledgeable of industrial safety systems and regulations such as OSHA workplace regulations.
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing techniques of value stream mapping, kanban, JIT, one piece flow, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
Experience and Education
- Associates degree with additional education or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-4 years experience in manufacturing with 2 in a planning position in a lean environment preferred.
- Fast paced, office and temperature controlled manufacturing environment.
- Exposed to materials and noise levels which are well within the acceptable limits set by Occupational Safety & Health Administration on an occasional basis.
- Personal protective equipment required as instructed.
- Anti-Static personal equipment required as instructed.
- Occasional travel required.
- Work is considered “Sedentary Work” with occasional “Light Work” from the Physical Demand Definitions of the Dictionary of Occupational Titles according to the Department of Labor.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|