IHH Care Coordinator-DubuqueHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: Coordinates mental and physical health care and services for assigned caseload as part of the Integrated Health Home team in Dubuque and Maquoketa.
- Bachelors degree in social work, sociology, or psychology. Experience working with mentally ill clients in a community setting is preferred (i.e MentalHealthCenters, Community Support Programs, Intensive Psych Rehabilitation, or homeless).
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
1. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team, working closely with nursing, primary health care and auxiliary service providers.
2. Coordinates enrollment processes.
3. Coordinates appointment scheduling, arranges transportation and makes follow up calls as necessary.
4. Provides direct crisis service to clients.
5. Participates in treatment team meetings, care coordination activities and case discussions on a regular basis.
6. Acts as a resource for other team members pertaining to treatment issues and needed services/interventions.
7. Provides continued education and reinforces ongoing whole health needs.
8. Completes initial and ongoing assessments in person (required for ICM clients) or telephonically and evaluates referral and service needs.
9. Coordinates primary health, dental and community service needs.
10. Accurately documents all contact related to assigned clients in a timely basis, from all sources.
11. Coordinates patient care with partnering agencies to ensure seamless transition of care.
12. Faxes med reviews and medication list to Emergency Room.
13. Contacts insurance for pre-authorizations.
14. Escorts the client to the Emergency Room when necessary.
15. Documents care given to clients in the medical record in a timely manner.
16. Provides quality assurance for health services.
17. Regularly reviews client medical records.
18. Identifies issues of quality related to the crisis mental health services provided to clients.
19. Prepares and distributes educational materials; conducting educational programs; answers questions and requests.
20. Develops and provide training to staff on crisis procedures and crisis mental health issues.
21. Obtains and maintain up-to-date information about patient assistance programs.
22. Participates in other committees as assigned by Hillcrest Mental Health Center Director (for example, Infection Control, Behavior Management, etc.).
23. Assumes other duties as assigned.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|