Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
1. Serves as a primary worker for clients assigned. (Med Manager 2 also passes medications.)
2. Adheres to all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
3. Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely matter.
4. Teaches necessary problem solving and independent living skills.
5. Teaches day habilitation classes and properly document.
6. Assists with social recreation activities within and outside the facility or in the community and to follow all guidelines of the activity coordinator.
7. Provides transportation for clients as needed by adhering to all traffic laws and ensure that clients comply as well.
8. Immediately corrects identified safety hazards or reports to supervisor/maintenance as appropriate.
9. Assists in the daily upkeep of the facility including housekeeping and supplies.
10. Encourages and assists clients in keeping their bedrooms clean so they meet their goals and follow safety regulations.
11. Assists in getting clients to safe zones in the case of emergencies.
12. Knowledgeable on agency's policy and procedures in case of emergencies.
13. Completes incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence.
14. Follows all steps in the protocol book when situations arise for same.
15. Shares in weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
16. Listens to report before or soon after the start of your shift.
17. Full-time employees must attend at least 8 in-services a year and part-time and on-call employees must attend at least 4 in-services a year.
18. Full-time employees must attend 75% of staff meeting a year.
19. Assists with choke patrol.
20. Assumes other duties as assigned.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|