Production SupervisorSedona Staffing Services, Dubuque, IA
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
DIRECT HIRE: 60K-70K/YEAR, Full Benefit Package with Bonus Potential
HOURS: 1ST SHIFT, MANAGING 30-40 EMPLOYEES
The production manager’s job will be to apply principles of manufacturing, technology and management to the production process in order to make it as efficient as possible, while maintaining quality standards.
A successful production manager will have a strong knowledge of the entire manufacturing process, from start to finish, as well as a working knowledge of the customers’ expectations. The individual will work closely with all facets of the business to identify and overcome obstacles. In addition, the production manager will be expected to implement cost-savings initiatives that remove non-value-added steps from the process without impacting the quality of the finished product.
- Assign and direct the job assignments of the 1st shift group of manufacturing associates throughout the day to maximize efficiency within the various departments. Areas to include production, receiving and shipping.
- Manage second shift supervisor to ensure accountability towards production goals
- Mentor and coach production employees to aid in their development
- Monitor the production and shipping schedules to ensure acceptable on-time deliveries
- Use metrics and root cause analysis to identify and establish improvement initiatives
- Use lean manufacturing tools to reduce setups, cycle times, scrap, work in process inventory and any quality non-conformances
- Responsible for observing and enforcing all applicable safety requirements
- Improve quality programs to increase the yield of production; this requires establishing detailed procedures at various stages of the manufacturing process
- Help facilitate non-conforming material processes and institute any corrective actions
- Review scrap to identify opportunities for improvement
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs
- Direct any product measurement, inspection, and/or testing for quality or reliability
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities
- Review production schedules and process flows in order to objectively evaluate obstacles preventing product delivery
- Monitor internal lead times
- Ensure that the necessary number and type of production workers are on the job to manufacture products
- Cross-train workers so that they can fill in production positions as needed
- Develop operational strategies to minimize inventory and/or standardize WIP
- Perform engineering analysis to reduce changeover time and downtime
- Design processes and workspace layouts to ensure efficient production
A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, Industrial Technology, Logistics or Supply Chain desired.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Phone:||563-556-3040|
|Apply in Person:||2065 Holliday Drive|
|Apply by Mail:||2065 Holliday Drive|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|