Shipping and Receiving - 2nd ShiftSedona Staffing Services, Dubuque, IA
In October of 1993, Jim and Carol Townsend purchased Future Employment Service, an established nationwide recruiting firm, from its founder, Bob Luthro and created the locally owned Sunrise Enterprises. They joined a top network of over 400 recruiting affiliates across the nation and internationally and partnered with the Sedona Group, headquartered in Moline, Illinois to process payroll and invoicing.
Over the years they expanded into numerous communities across multiple states. They grew their business by their conviction of going above and beyond to help their clients businesses succeed. Being privately owned gave them the flexibility to tailor their services to fit their clients changing needs. Jim and Carol also believed in giving back to their communities and donated time and resources to multiple charities including the United Way, the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, among others.
On July 26, 2007, Nikki and Kraig Kiefer purchased the business and it became CareerPros, LLC dba Sedona Staffing Services. Nikki has been with Sedona Staffing Services since April 2000 when she came in to apply for what she thought was a temporary position. She ended up starting as an Account Manager and was quickly promoted to Branch Manager. Over the next several years Nikki acquired the skills to lead the business and when the opportunity became available, she took it.
Nikki and Kraig have continued the tradition set by Jim and Carol of going above and beyond for their clients, in helping others find careers and in giving back to their communities. The key is their experienced and knowledgeable team which, with the support of their clients and associates, has grown the business to even more communities across the United States and Internationally.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING TRAINEE
DIRECT HIRE- 2ND SHIFT
Summary of role:
Local manufacturer looking to add to their shipping and receiving team!
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving, warehouse, and production areas to storage, staging or other designated areas by hand, hand truck, electric hoist or forklift.
- Sorts and places selected materials in racks, bins, containers, or on shelves in predetermined sequence, such as size, type, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and production and places orders on pallets, in racks, or containers.
- Packages materials together in a predetermined sequence using manual or automated banding equipment and manual or automated shrink wrapping equipment.
- Marks materials with identifying information using stencil, marking pen, bar codes or other marking device.
- Opens bales, crates and other containers, using hand tools.
- Records amount of items received or distributed.
- Uses computer, bar coding devices and scanning devices to enter records.
- May compile worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Uses forklift to load individual items, containers, bins, and racks onto trucks for shipment to customers according to order sheets, work orders or individual supervisory instruction.
- May maintain some inventory records.
Physical demands for this job require standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping. Strength rating for this job is M – Medium work – exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Phone:||563-556-3040|
|Apply in Person:||2065 Holliday Drive|
|Apply by Mail:||2065 Holliday Drive|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|