Claims SpecialistPlatinum Supplemental Insurance, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Platinum Supplemental Insurance markets cost-effective, benefit-rich supplemental insurance policies that help families focus on recovery, not finances, when a family member is fighting cancer, heart attack or stroke, or is affected by critical illness or injury. Founded in 1995 in Dubuque, Iowa, Platinum is dedicated to enhancing the lives of its customers, representatives and employees by delivering exceptional value and customer service at all times; offering unmatched opportunities for personal, professional and financial growth; and operating with unwavering passion, integrity and concern for others. For more information on Platinum, our product lines and career opportunities, visit www.pltnm.com.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you dream of a career with a great company, where you can make an impact and help people? Then Platinum Supplemental Insurance is where you need to be. Immerse yourself in a fast-paced, engaging environment where you can make a meaningful difference in customers’ lives. Whether you have prior experience or not, we provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all of our Claims team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference and grow your career.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, and you want to work with a fun, talented team, keep reading and apply today.
- Use multiple computer programs and resources to research your assigned claims and accurately capture all the information necessary to process those claims
- Learn and employ the proper procedures to ensure that the correct benefits are applied to each of your assigned claims
- Maintain daily records by documenting and communicating the status of each claim
- Communicate and collaborate with members and providers to resolve claims errors/issues using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Learn and leverage new systems and training resources to help apply claims procedures correctly (e.g., online training classes, mentoring from coaches)
- Meet the performance goals established for this position in the areas of efficiency, accuracy, quality, member satisfaction and attendance
- Participate in continuing education requirements relevant to new policy changes
- Study to become a licensed insurance agent (Platinum will assist with your successful completion of the required insurance licensing as part of training, if needed.)
- An education level of associate degree or higher
- A minimum of one year claims experience
- A minimum of one year of experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day, though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to multitask, including the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Consistent attendance with adherence to the agreed work schedule
- A commitment to providing pleasant, professional and responsive service to all customers, internal and external
- Excellent listening skills and a thorough, resourceful approach to problem-solving customer questions and concerns
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- NO WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY HOURS
- Excellent compensation and benefits package (including health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability; retirement plan with employer matching; and flexible spending account)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Ongoing career development and resources provided to help you achieve your personal and professional goals
- Employee health and wellness program that includes free personal training, if desired
- Casual dress
- Typical workweek: Monday–Thursday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Beautiful, up-to-date office facilities on Dubuque's thriving, historic Main St.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Visit pltnm.com/careers/corporate-jobs, click the green Apply Here button and complete our online application. Please attach a resume.
We perform a thorough hiring process in a timely manner for the benefit of our candidates and for Platinum’s long-term success. Please be prepared to complete all sections of the online application.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|