Platinum Supplemental Insurance markets cost-effective, benefit-rich supplemental insurance policies that help families focus on recovery, not finances, when a family member is fighting cancer, heart attack or stroke, or is affected by critical illness or injury. Founded in 1995 in Dubuque, Iowa, Platinum is dedicated to enhancing the lives of its customers, representatives and employees by delivering exceptional value and customer service at all times; offering unmatched opportunities for personal, professional and financial growth; and operating with unwavering passion, integrity and concern for others. For more information on Platinum, our product lines and career opportunities, visit www.pltnm.com.
Customer Service Specialist
Our customer service team at Platinum Supplemental Insurance believes in providing an exceptional and unique service experience to each of our customers and outside sales representatives. We’re looking for upbeat, team-oriented, goal-driven individuals to join our team of customer service specialists. This isn’t your average customer service or call center position–our customer service specialists form lasting relationships with our callers by becoming product experts and handling every aspect of our callers’ requests from start to finish. Our ideal candidate possesses remarkable customer service, critical thinking and organizational skills.
Best of all, you’re not alone. Our leadership team focuses on providing you with in-depth training and the resources to ensure you’ll be successful—and happy. If this sounds like the next step in your career, and you want to work with a fun, talented team, apply today!
- Your top priority will be to provide a friendly, compassionate and knowledgeable customer service experience with each interaction.
- Take calls from policyholders, claimants and outside sales representatives.
- Become an expert in the insurance policies marketed by Platinum so you can help customers and outside sales representatives understand the benefits, make changes and file claims.
- Practice effective use of our computer systems, including navigating and maintaining accurate customer records in database systems, and processing emails efficiently and effortlessly using telecommunication systems.
- Comply with HIPAA regulations by protecting the private health information of all customers.
- Assist with department administrative needs.
- Obtain an accident and health insurance license. (Platinum will assist with your successful completion of the required insurance licensing as part of training.)
- Associate’s degree or higher beneficial
- Previous customer service, administrative or claims experience beneficial
- Commitment to providing friendly, professional and responsive service to all internal and external customers
- Excellent listening skills and a thorough, resourceful approach to problem-solving customer questions and concerns
- A team-oriented and positive mentality
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization and confidentiality in a fast-paced environment
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- NO WEEKEND, LATE-NIGHT OR HOLIDAY HOURS
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including health insurance and retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Ongoing career development and resources provided to help you achieve your personal and professional goals
- Employee health and wellness program that includes on-site fitness center with free personal training
- Casual dress
- Typical workweek: Monday–Thursday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Beautiful, up-to-date office facilities on Dubuque's thriving, historic Main St.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Visit pltnm.com/careers/corporate-jobs, click the green Apply Now button and complete our online application. Please attach your resume.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|