Supervisor ICF/IDArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
- Directs the staffing, documentation, training, and quality assurance in assigned ICF/ID home.
- Facilitates best program practices.
- Completes regular observations of each staff to support, train, provide feedback, and, if necessary, discipline staff in the carrying out of their responsibilities.
- Ensures that agency and ICF/ID policies and procedures are in place and being followed that satisfy requirements of agency, licensing, funding, legal and accrediting sources.
- Coordinate staff scheduling with other supervisors in the department and agency.
- Provides regular feedback to staff, including written probationary and annual evaluations.
- Successfully complete the Medication Aide class within 6 months of employment.
- Monitors staff attendance and computes staff payroll according to procedures.
- Monitors, audits and responds to staff documentation (data books, active treatments, program data, incident/accident reports, etc.) on the activities of people served in the assigned home.
- Ensures completion of safety documentation (drills, logs) in the assigned home.
- Facilitates regular staffing meetings.
- Maintains individual ledgers, menus, grocery and supply lists.
Maintain Health and Safety Standards:
- Monitor compliance with safety requirements in the assigned home.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections according to agency timelines.
- Ensures staff follow policy and procedures in passing medications.
- Directs staff in emergency situations.
- Directs staff in following best practice health and safety standards.
- Ensures individual meal plans and dietary needs are being met in assigned program areas; completes meal audits.
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Supervisors work primarily second shift (1-9:30pm). One to two weekends per month required. Specific schedule TBD. Holiday on-call is required on a rotating schedule with other Supervisors and QIPDs. Works indoors in an office/program setting, in the assigned ICF/ID home and occasionally works out-of-doors. Travel required to community sites, medical appointments, etc.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job:
Variety of miscellaneous office equipment, e.g., computer, cell phone, calculator, copy machine, fax; adaptive equipment for individuals served (wheelchairs, communication devices, mealtime equipment, etc.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|