Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 300 individuals and employs nearly 300 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
- RN currently licensed to practice in Iowa.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and computer skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must develop positive, cooperative relationships with agency staff, medical staff, and individuals’ parents/guardians.
- Moderate physical work that requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Frequent walking and standing, and occasional stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling are necessary.
- Must be able to physically prompt, transfer, escort, and physically restrain individuals served.
- May need to transport individuals served or agency products to various community locations in agency owned vehicles and/or personal vehicle (requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria).
- Oversees the medical care of the individuals served in the ICF/ID program and as designated in other programs. Develops a working knowledge of ICF/ID regulations related to medical issues. Completes nursing assessments and develops plans of care.
- Provides medical intervention to staff and individuals injured on the job and emergency medical care when necessary.
- Provides direction to direct contact staff, Medication Managers, Certified Medication Aides, and families regarding the daily medical needs of the individuals served in residential homes
- Is a member of assigned individuals’ interdisciplinary teams and a liaison/advocate between Area Residential Care and the medical community.
- Communicates medical needs of individuals served to the person’s physician, hospital personnel, dentist or other appropriate medical personnel.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with individuals and their parents/guardians, agency staff, and members of the medical community.
- Observes agency policies related to confidentiality of personal health information of individuals and staff.
Work hours: Flexible weekday schedule, 25 hours per week, rotating on call weekend hours required.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|