Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 300 individuals and employs nearly 300 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Mission Statement: IT IS THE MISSION OF AREA RESIDENTIAL CARE TO EMPOWER PEOPLE WITH Intellectual DISABILITIES TO ACHIEVE THEIR HIGHEST QUALITY OF LIFE.
Values: Our values for all people are based on having: rights/responsibilities; dignity/respect; choices/preferences; community as the natural environment to live/work/recreate; success in life through encouragement/supports; satisfaction with services/prompt response to concerns.
- A. /B.S. degree in education or human services-related field and a minimum of three years of relevant experience that includes at least two years of experience in supervision; or a master’s degree in a human services-related field and a minimum of two years of relevant experience that includes one year of experience in supervision. Experience in the field of special education, developmental disabilities and/or mental illness is preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing. Ability to comprehend basic budgetary information so to monitor program expenses.
- Ability to prepare wage calculations; comprehend and complete/review payroll; and prepare and/or review purchase requests, expense reports, etc.
- Must develop cooperative relationships with a variety of agency personnel, outside agency professionals, parents/guardians, and licensing and accreditation personnel.
- Must be able to provide leadership through highly refined human relationship skills.
Essential Job Functions: Observe, instruct, monitor and provide feedback to others working
- Provide supported documentation (driver’s license and insurance) and drive an agency owned or personal vehicle; or the ability to independently move from location to location between agency service sites.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to persons with a wide range of understanding and reading levels.
- Monitor program expenses and to recommend methods of maintaining sound program fiscal management while maintaining adequate service levels to consumers.
- Prepare wage calculations; comprehend and complete/review payroll; and prepare and/or review purchase requests, expense reports, etc.
- Evaluate and analyze consumer plans and outcome data making recommendations for program/quality improvement based on this analysis.
- Utilize agency computer systems for primary work tasks.
The Residential Services Coordinator is responsible for the overall programming offered in residential and supported community living settings. The Residential Services Coordinator will ensure all residential programs are meeting regulatory standards and utilizing best practices at all levels of service delivery. The successful Residential Coordinator will ensure that staffing patterns and supports are in place to ensure people served reach their personal goals and meet outcomes.
Primary Job Duties:
- Recommends staffing patterns to Program Director to achieve optimum program goals; Critically reviews staffing patterns to ensure efficiencies and quality staffing.
- Critically reviews incident/accident/rights violations, etc for patterns. Provides feedback to staff as necessary regarding prevention of future similar events, as well as making recommendations to Program Director regarding system changes or corrections.
- Reviews all residential activity plans, menus, etc. for quality; provides feedback to staff as necessary. May also recommend changes to suppliers, sources, and vendors used in the implementation of plans, menus, etc.
Monitoring Program Quality and Best Practices
- Ensures that activities offered in the residential programs are aligned with accreditation and regulatory service definitions.
- Monitors progress in meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Regularly observes and reports to the Program Director all aspects of agency (non-ICF) residential services programming and develops, or helps develop, corrective action plans as necessary.
- Stays current with emerging trends, best practices, accreditation and regulatory requirements in the field of intellectual disabilities and service delivery.
Maintain Program Documentation
- Monitors residential programs for compliance with all funding sources, accreditation and regulatory bodies.
- Operates residential programs within the specific budget.
- Reviews and ensures consumer electronic and paper records are accurate, up-to-date, and secure.
- Ensures all required paperwork, drills, inspections, maintenance requests, etc are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepares program reports as necessary.
- Completes staff evaluations and outcome reporting as needed.
- Reports directly to the Program Director.
- Positions that report directly to the Residential Services Coordinator: 4 Program Supervisors
- Interacts with funding, certification, and licensing personnel; parents and guardians; out-of-agency professionals.
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and on-call for emergencies.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job:
Telephone, computer, and various general office equipment, personal vehicle, agency vehicles.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
|Apply by Mail:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
Dubuque, IA 52002
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|