Human Resources Assistant InternTheisen Home Farm Auto, DUBUQUE, IA
Theisen's is an independent, family-owned chain of Home, Farm and Auto stores, with locations in Dubuque, Maquoketa, Dewitt, Anamosa, Monticello, Tipton, Dyersville, Vinton, lowa Falls, Charles City, New Hampton, Marshalltown, Cedar Rapids (2), Newton, Ames, Grinnell, Pella, Coralville, Indianola, Davenport IA, Sparta WI, and Black River Falls WI.
Theisen's is a member of Mid-States Distributing, a buying group comprised of independent, family-owned retailers across the country.
Theisen's was founded in 1927 by Leo & Kathryn Theisen. Theisen's headquarters are in Dubuque where the buying staff, advertising, accounting, human resources, MIS and distribution center are located.
Theisen's employs over 1200 associates. The philosophy at Theisen's is "people buy from people, not companies" and the company stresses that "our associates work with us, not for us". 6201 Chavenelle Road Dubuque , IA 52002-2634 (563)556-4738
Internship is expected to start Fall Semester.
Theisen Supply is looking for an undergraduate student in the Dubuque area who is majoring in Business or Human Resources. This person should have excellent verbal and written communications skills. This position requires a high level of confidentiality. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus.
- Assist with wage and hour verification for payroll processing
- Assist with entering new hires and transfers into HRMS
- Assist with Worker’s Compensations claims process
- Assist with Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), other Leave of Absences(LOA), and Americans with Disabilities Act(ADA)
- Assist with administering various benefit programs( health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, accident and disability, COBRA, 401K, and Flex System)
- Assist with drug testing procedures set by the company’s drug testing policy
- Assist with background checks on potential associates
- Assist with recruiting to include advertising, interviewing and explaining wage and benefit plans
- Maintain personnel files to include disciplinary procedures
- Assist with the unemployment process
- Miscellaneous office duties
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
|Years of Experience||--|