ReceptionistHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: Greets, welcomes and directs those seeking assistance at assigned location in person or via phone. Shares clerical duties for all programs served through the Dubuque Administrative Office, with specific emphasis of administrative duties for Health Division.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for general office work required. Previous experience, including multi-line phone systems, copier, fax, and electronic postage meter, preferred.
- Basic computer skills required. Advanced MS Office experience is preferred.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers inquiries from customers regarding services provided by Hillcrest in a professional manner, taking accurate messages when necessary. (Refers calls or questions that position is unable to answer to the appropriate person or program immediately or with a return phone call.)
- Provides clerical support upon request from various departments within the agency including mental health location coordinators. Copies materials for staff that this position supports.
- Handles receptionist duties in the absence of the primary receptionist, including posting, sorting, and distributing). Cover absences of other staff for lunch breaks or other time away as needed.
- Triages calls to properly assess needs of caller/inquirer, including customer complaints or escalated situations.
- Orders office supplies including regularly checking and ordering as necessary. Reviews invoices for accuracy.
- Closes files and records in database and file room as directed.
- Opens, verifies, and electronically scans deposits, or performs other monetary transactions, as assigned.
- Reports on a regular basis to the Executive Secretary on a routine and non-routine responsibilities and issues.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Executive Secretary or other members of Executive Team.