Back up CounselorHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA Iowa City, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
A high school degree or equivalent is required. Experience working with adults who have chronic mental illness is preferred. Must be able to drive agency vehicles. Must successfully complete an employment physical prior to contact with clients.
- Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training must be completed within 6 months of hire (for all staff) and every 5 years thereafter (for client care staff).
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter. . Staff serving clients with brain injury must also receive training on that topic prior to service provision to members.
1. Adheres to all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
2. Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely manner.
3. Provides a safe and welcoming living environment for residents.
4. Immediately corrects safety hazards or to report them to the Program Manager or to maintenance as appropriate.
5. Assists in the daily upkeep of the facility including housekeeping and supplies.
6. Assists in meal preparation and maintaining a safe kitchen.
7.Provides transportation for clients as needed by abiding by all traffic laws and ensure that clients comply as well. Assists in obtaining appropriate community resources for each client when assigned by Program Manager.
8. Communicates with and coordinates services with other treatment providers when appropriate as well as program staff.
9. Provides individual and group skill building for residents.
10. Teaches necessary problem solving and independent living skills.
11. Facilitates social and recreation activities within the facility and in the community.
12. Is available for shift coverage and crisis resolution as needed, including weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
13. Demonstrates the ability to be organized and flexible, acts appropriate in stressful/emergency situations.
14. Handles additional responsibilities, as assigned, for all clients. Assumes all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
This listing has expired
Iowa City, IA
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|