Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Human Resource Assistant
Hours are generally Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies via networking, career/job fairs, social media, etc. This includes preparing job ads for newspapers, social media sites, and various internal/external job boards.
- Assists in the hiring of staff, including: pre-screening applicants, conducting interviews, making employment offers, and managing the post offer process.
- Processing Employee Benefits to include Health & Dental Insurance, COBRA, Retirement Plan, Life & Short term disability insurance.
- Assures new employees complete the required paperwork and prepares training calendars/enrolls new staff in web based training programs
- Assists with training new employees for classes related to human resources.
- Assists in keeping the HRIS database current and up-to-date in regards to employee (performance, wage, training and employee benefits) as well as company information.
- Assists as directed in processing Leaves of Absence (including FMLA) and filing worker's compensation claim paperwork
- Maintains requested files and completes filing as necessary.
- Assists processing on-going licensing standards, which include; background checks for multiple departments, finger print checks, OIG, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act as well as processing of employee benefits.
- Knowledge of human resource activities, policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to use computer systems, software applications, and databases.
- Ability to manage tasks to meet deadlines and organize workflow.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites to perform job functions
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or Associate's Degree in a related field.
- Experience in Human Resources and previous experience in interviewing job applicants.
- Valid driver's license and qualify as an approved driver per company policy.
Send Resumes to:
Learn more while watching our latest video!
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks & drug screening. EOE
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||1011 Davis St.|
|Apply by Mail:||1011 Davis St.|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|