Assistant Chief Engineer - Full TimeEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL Galena, IL
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Ill., the Midwest's premier Golf Resort, currently has a full-time opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer in our Maintenance Department.
Supports and assists the Director of Engineering in managing the day-to-day operations for the Engineering/Maintenance department. Supervise the daily operations of the engineering/maintenance staff, promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and monitors staff schedules to insure that all shifts are covered and appropriate staff is available to cover principle needs of the facility.
- Manages the maintenance of all equipment and physical structures in compliance with corporate/franchise standards, local, state and national codes and regulations.
- Manages daily and weekly work assignments, communicates with the Director of Engineering.
- Works independently without direct daily supervision.
- Performs regular and unscheduled maintenance tasks, responds to requests on a timely basis, including: assess the nature of the emergency, determine a solution to prevent further damage or problems, and identify the resources needed to resolve the problem.
- Performs routine building inspections
- Recommends and implements procedural changes.
- Assist in planning and implementing any major projects or installations, including developing cost estimates, working with outside vendors or contractors, reviewing specifications, developing labor estimates, and insuring that system requirements are met.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College diploma or 5 years related field experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Efficient working knowledge of various office software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
Practice written safety standards and rules at all times. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to lift/push/pull 50 pounds. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, kneeling, crouching, and standing. Frequently requires reaching, grabbing, pulling, and grasping. Sometimes requires working in damp, wet or inclement conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
Due to the business demands of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the hotel provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends and night shifts.
Join the team at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa! We offer competitive wages, Resort perks and privileges including discounts on gasoline, meals, merchandise, lodging, & Spa treatments; complimentary golf, Pool/Fitness Center access and much more! Eagle Ridge is located within the scenic rolling hills of The Galena Territory, just a few miles east of historic Galena, Illinois.
For more information about our fabulous Resort or to apply, go to www.eagleridge.com to complete an application. Applications can be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION, WE REQUIRE A COMPLETED APPLICATION.
We look forward to helping you explore employment opportunities at Eagle Ridge!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Contact Information:||Marsha Miller|
HR Employment Coordinator
|Apply in Person:||384 Territory Dr|
|Apply by Mail:||384 Territory Dr|
Galena, IL 61036
|Apply by Fax:||815-777-3415|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Building and Grounds
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|