Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster WI. We are a progressive and growing facility ready to break ground with an expansion to better meet the needs of the patients we serve in our service area. We are fortunate to have an exceptional staff of medical providers. With our hearts and minds we area touching lives!
The Surgical Tech provides care in the surgical setting directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient. He/she is a resource person and a teacher. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Utilizes initiative and strives to maintain steady level of productivity. The Surgical Tech is a self-starter, compatible, supportive and a team player. He/she communicates on behalf of the patient.
- Assist in the Operating Room
- Preparing the room and instruments, practice aseptic technique, sponge, instrument and sharps count, surgical scrub, gowning and gloving, setting up and maintaining a sterile field.
- Assist with patient positioning, draping, suction, power equipment, electrical or mechanical equipment, documentation, use of communication devices, handling of blood/bodily fluids, administration of medication, function in urgent/emergent situations, preparation/application of dressings, removing of drapes, patient transfers
- Assist with x-rays and specimens; assist with cleaning operating room and equipment
- Central Sterilization duties which include but not limited to cleaning and wrapping instruments, sterilization of scopes and instruments
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Demonstrates communication skills with other professionals, patient and family
- Takes responsibility for self-development
- Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
Graduate of accredited Operating Room/Surgical Technician program or graduate of accredited LPN program with procedure/surgical experience. Operating Room experience preferred but new grads are welcome!
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com and attach a current resume. Interviews will begin as soon as qualified applicants are received.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|