CAD Drafter - INTERNFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Operates a CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) system (Solidworks), database system and a word processing system to make all the required drawings and bill of materials for new frame products and assemblies, so that tooling, purchasing and production have the information to produce and complete the product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
- working to meet clearly stated internal customer requirements
- emphasizing teamwork
- Works with D&E personnel on new style development, linkage assemblies, foam, frames, et. and simplification of design and manufacturing.
- Reviews design and other concerns with Engineering Manager.
- Sources purchased parts as needed.
- Works with D&E personnel as needed for finished product assembly and design.
- Completes all needed detail and assembly drawings and bill of materials to ensure these are made with the necessary dimensions, reasonable tolerances, and specifications.
- Provides illustrations or information to D&E as needed for spec books.
- Works with suppliers and manufacturing to have finished product to specifications and manufactural.
- Reviews with Engineering Manager and other departments as needed so that new product gets into production expediently.
- Assembles product specification packages and requests for quotes for external production requirements or customer installation requests as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Enrolled in minimum of Computer Aided Drafting course through local college or high school
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
- Experience using Solidworks (Solid Modeling) preferred.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Full or Part Time
|Years of Experience||--|