Program Coordinator - Adult Group HomeHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- Bachelor's degree in a human service field. Two years experience preferred in human services, preferably working with this population. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Must be able to drive agency vehicles. Must have a physical prior to working with clients and be free of communicable diseases.
- Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training must be completed within 6 months of hire (for all staff) and every 5 years thereafter (for client care staff).
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, Two Step TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
- Full time staff are required to be trained on the following items with 30 days of hire (90 days for part time). Member rights; rights, restrictions and limitations; member confidentiality; provision of member medication (policy training within 30 days; and "hands on" training per policy); individual support needs; behavior intervention plans, and incident reporting. Staff serving clients with brain injury must also receive training on that topic prior to service provision to members.
1. Assists Program Manager in the referral, intake, and discharge processes for the program and monitors completion of all requirements.
2. Monitors completion and timeliness of all client service plans, staffing progress reports and other clinical file requirements and reports staff performance to Program Manager.
3. Verifies that contract/funding obligations are met for each client and reports any difficulties to the Program Manager.
4. Ensures staff are aware of models of clinical intervention used within the program and that they are able to implement said techniques effectively and appropriately to provide for a therapeutic environment.
5. Ensures the scheduling and follow through of daily routines and recreational activities.
6. Provides a safe and welcoming living environment for residents.
7. Operates the program per agency, licensing and regulatory standards (ie HFS, DIA and Joint Commission).
8. Ensures the daily upkeep and condition of the facility, including housekeeping and supplies and makes/recommends improvements as necessary.
9. Follows all safety procedures/codes as they relate to the facility, including conducting fire and severe weather drills and documenting.
10. Immediately corrects safety hazards or reports them promptly to Program Manager and/or the Maintenance Manager.
11. Provides safe transportation for clients as needed and assures that all adhere to all traffic laws.
12. Documents and reports on Continuous Quality Improvement issues.
13. Is available for shift coverage (including weekend and holiday sharing) and on-call crisis resolution as needed.
14. Provides case coordination for assigned clients and assists others as needed.
15. Conducts assessments and creates service plans based on client needs, wants, and abilities.
16. Assists in obtaining appropriate community resources or services for each consumer.
17. Effectively communicates and coordinates services with other community supports on a regular basis, especially case managers and support persons.
18. Maintains a complete and updated clinical record for each assigned consumer.
19. Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely manner.
20. Demonstrates the ability to engage with and develop meaningful relationships with clients.
21. Teaches necessary and effective problem resolution and independent living skills.
22. Attends community events and meetings that may impact services, including public outreach and speaking engagements to promote programs/services as requested/needed.
23. Collaborates effectively, as appropriate, with other programs within Hillcrest or with external entities as assigned.
24. Develops and maintains active and positive relationships with collateral and community members.
25. Promptly responds to the needs of the community and funding bodies.
26. Facilitates and documents regular team meetings and monthly in-services.
27. Develops, follows through and reports to supervisor on the status of assigned projects.
28. Assists the Program Manager as needed with administrative tasks associated with the operation of the program.
29. Initial orientation completed and sent to HR.
30. Knowledge of Client Rights, Rights Restrictions and Limitations.
31. Knowledge of Procedure for Passing Medications.
32. Knowledge of Medication Policy.
33. Knowledge of Individual Member Support Needs, to include clients service plans, goals, supports and needs.
34. Behavior Intervention to include addendums to service plans and corrective actions.
35. Assumes all other duties, as assigned by the Program Manager, or designee.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|