Infection Preventionist /Employee Health Coordinator Part-timeGrant Regional Health Center, Lancaster, WI
This listing has expired
Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster Wisconsin. We are a progressive and growing facility! Our newly opened 47,800 square foot expansion showcases a new med/surg department, new space for our growing multi-specialty clinic, state-of-the art radiology department with in-house MRI, expanded emergency department with enclosed ambulance garage and a rooftop heliport.
Our expanded surgery department features two updated, modern operating rooms, pre- and post-surgical areas, teaching consultation room, as well as dedicated entrance and waiting area. Our Physicians, anesthesia and surgery staff are committed to providing our patients an exceptional surgical experience. They strive to promote a culture-driven environment of excellence, quality, compassion and dignity.
Please join us to experience the difference. Other enhancements include a new main entrance with amenities such as our gift shop, Perfect Blend coffee shop, healing garden, history and donor recognition wall and additional parking for staff and patients. An additional 39,000 square feet of renovated space wraps up the construction project and symbolizes our commitment to the patient-centered model of care.
We are located in BEAUTIFUL, scenic, and peaceful Southwest Wisconsin. The rolling hills offer lots of opportunity for the sports enthusiast (biking, hiking, ATV/UTV trails, running/walking). The Mississippi is literally 15 minutes from our hospital and offers fantastic boating, kayaking, water skiing, jet skiing and amazing fishing too! Ski resorts within 30 minutes of our facility. Madison WI is 1.5 hours, Dubuque IA is 30 minutes, Chicago IL is 3.5 hours.....we're in the heart of the Tri-States!
INFECTION PREVENTIONIST is a qualified individual with knowledge of CDC guidelines and definitions of infections, The Joint Commission standards, and federal and state regulations.
- Responsible for the identification, investigation, reporting, prevention and control of infections among patients and personnel
- Chair of the Infection Prevention Committee and by authority of the Infection Prevention Committee, she/he may institute collection of cultures and initiate appropriate isolation precautions
- Responsible for assisting with inservice programs related to infection prevention and control
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of complete infection control and prevention processes in the healthcare setting; demonstrates knowledge of risk stratified statistics as applicable to trending all infections
- Demonstrates understanding of standard and isolation precautions as set forth by the CDC; demonstrates knowledge of microbiology, and modes of transmission of disease entities
- Demonstrates ability to teach principles and practical application of infection prevention to all levels of healthcare personnel
EMPLOYEE HEALTH COORDINATOR
- Oversees Employee Health Program with review of new employee health records, and assists with follow-up of accidental exposure incidents
- Ensures all employees remain up-to-date on their immunizations including TB skin tests and annual influenza, vaccinations, etc
- Provides copies of health records to employees when requested
RN or MT/MLT with clinical experience and knowledge of CDC guidelines/definitions, familiar with The Joint Commission standards, and federal/state regulations. Applicant should be enthusiastic, organized, dependable and neat; as well as willing to work with others in a cooperative spirit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate offered employment will complete criminal background check, and health requirements as condition of employment.
Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com and attach a current resume. Interviews will begin as soon as qualified applicants are received.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|