Electric Standards EngineerAlliant Energy, Cedar Rapids, IA Madison, WI
This listing has expired
www.alliantenergy.com - take a look inside the world of Alliant Energy! From electrical engineering, computer technicians and communications professionals to line mechanics, customer service consultants and marketing representatives, Alliant and its affiliate companies have more than 4,500 employees across the country. Made up of men and women from various ethnic backgrounds and diverse races and cultures, Alliant employees strive for excellence and innovation in customer service.
Alliant Energy is dedicated to living our corporate values. We work every day to achieve our vision as a partner seeking to enhance the comfort, security and productivity of our customers around the world. We believe that our people are our greatest resource and the reason for our success. Our employees uphold the Alliant Energy values each and every day.
Alliant corporate values:
*Become a partner with its customers, anticipating their needs and seeking creative solutions to their home and business problems.
*Strive for excellence in service, responsiveness and operational performance.
*Protect the safety of its employees and the public at large.
*Increase the value of investments made in the company by its shareowners
*Be a responsible corporate citizen, caring for the environment and the communities where it does business, while encouraging diversity in its employee and supplier ranks
*Communicate openly and honestly and uphold the highest standards of ethical behavior throughout the Alliant organization.
Performs work on a variety of assignments, some of which require in-depth analysis to determine appropriate solution; uses a variety of complex tools and resources to solve problems.
- In addition to the requirements for Engineer II, uses tools and standards to design for safety in operating and maintaining equipment.
- Maintains an awareness of customer needs and expectations and proposes solutions. Is proactively involved in the identification and solution of problems falling within assigned area of responsibility with minimal guidance.
- Goes beyond generally accepted guidelines to analyze problems and recommend possible solutions. Assists in solving moderately complex problems by identifying new ways of using existing procedures, techniques and resources.
- Applies governmental and organizational engineering standards; makes recommendations for changing processes and procedures.
- Interprets policy and exercises discretion and independent judgment in resolving moderately complex problems; may assist less experienced staff in making decisions.
- Frequently uses critical thinking skills necessary to develop recommendations which provide technically sound and the most cost effective solutions applied to a specific problem.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer and business needs and regularly develops and implements the appropriate workable solution to problems based on given budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Makes medium risk decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge with proper sign off from customer and minimal guidance form supervisor.
- Performs as a key team member who makes positive, supportive contributions on teams that deal with technical or operational problems.
- Proactively provides guidance to less experienced staff members. Has established effective working relationships with employees, contractors, customers, functional groups, and internal and external peers. Explains technical problems to internal stakeholders and accurately prepares detailed documents such as technical studies, project documentation for future reference, etc.
- In addition to Engineer II requirements, determines the classification of projects between capital and maintenance using the property unit catalog. Maintains working knowledge of financial and business skills including budgeting, accounting, utility economics, NPV, EBIT. Manages project budgets, including processes accruals and communicates anticipated changes in the budget; has completed COGNOS training and Utility Rate Making Concepts training.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.