Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- BSW or BA from an accredited school in a social sciences program plus two years full time experience in Human Services field. Prefer Master's degree in a related field. Prior experience in residential treatment may be helpful.
- Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependant Adult Abuse. Must be trained within four months of hire and every five years thereafter.
- Mandt training required upon hire.
- Current BCLS (CPR/1st Aid) certification within four months of hire date.
- Medication Manager training preferred.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Meets with clients in individual counseling sessions in accordance.
- Facilitates weekly group counseling sessions.
- Maintains a complete and updated clinical record for each client, making all efforts to obtain all pertinent clinical, medical, educational and legal reports, meeting all standards and policies.
- Initiates prompt response to case file deficiencies cited through case file reviews as conducted either by Department of Human Services or by the Program Manager.
Updates clinical records as client information changes.
Monitors clinical records documentation according to program requirements.
Tracks completion of therapy and counseling hours for all clients.
Provides case management services, including responsibility for scheduling and facilitating client staffings.
Responsible for authoring psychosocial assessment, admission and progress staffings and discharge summaries on a timely basis.
Maintains an awareness of client functioning within milieu setting by regularly reviewing daily individual progress notes.
Increase staff awareness of individual dynamics by making log entries of all contact with client, families or collateral contacts.
Attends school conferences, re-entry meetings or other scheduled school meetings.
Coordinates with treatment team on development of seclusion room plans and obtains psychiatrist's written orders for seclusion plans.
Coordinates home visit arrangements.
Serves as a member of the unit treatment team.
Attends all scheduled team meetings.
Acts as resource person for other team members, pertaining to case management and implementation of treatment interventions.
Maintains an active, cooperative relationship with each client's family communicating regularly to families regarding progress and problems, home visit assessments and staff date information.
Serves as a liaison with community agencies and other agency personnel involved in a client's treatment, including referral sources.
Coordinates contacts with other involved agencies such as Substance Abuse Center, private psychologists, community or Hillcrest health providers.
Acts a primary regular contact person with client's school for attendance.
Provides on-call coverage for crisis situations involving clients such as medical or psychiatric hospitalizations, child abuse situations, runaways or when a client is behaviorally out of control and staff require consultation as required.
Delegates responsibility to contact parents and referral sources as appropriate.
Gives direction to weekend on-call and/or unit staff.
Provides support and direction to unit staff and/or clients by attending to situation in unit if deemed necessary.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|