Our history is rich in product innovation, customer focus, and strategic growth. With roots as a small, hometown company based in Evansville Indiana, Berry has grown into a global, publicly traded, multi-billion dollar public corporation.
- Berry has come a long way since it was established in 1967 under the name Imperial Plastics, and now has 23,000+ employees and 18,000+ customers.
- In 1972, the injection molding company entered the container market and in 1983, Imperial Plastics was purchased by Jack Berry, Sr., and renamed Berry Plastics.
- Beginning in 1988, Berry Plastics Group, Inc. completed over 40 acquisitions and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange in October 2012 under the ticker symbol BERY.
- In 2017 we changed our Company name from Berry Plastics Group, Inc. to Berry Global, Inc. to better reflect who we are.
We take great pride in the company we have developed and the products and services we offer. Our ability to support our customers at every stage of the product development process—including expertise in consumer insights, ideation and design, manufacturing and research and development—is what has allowed us to become a leader in the industry.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities:
Provide leadership and continuous improvement to production in the areas of safety, quality, cost/productivity, and delivery.
Providing necessary resources and training, coaches/mentors associates on behavior relevant to Berry Plastics’ corporate values, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
Analyzing production schedules and estimates employee hour requirements and establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
Recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product; suggesting changes in working conditions and equipment use to increase efficiency of production department, evaluates manufacturing process and practices.
Production/Manufacturing Superintendent Requirements:
- Minimum of 3+ years previous leadership or supervisory experience preferably in a Manufacturing or Production environment; experience in plastics, warehouse and knowledge of the plastics industry is a plus.
- Knowledge and demonstrable practical application of Lean manufacturing models, processes and applications
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation and conflict resolution skills as well as adaptability and the desire to make a difference.
- Superior team leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills; B.S. or Associates Degree in manufacturing/operations management preferred.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||19101 Kapp Dr|
|Apply by Mail:||19101 Kapp Dr|
Peosta, IA 52068
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|