Family Practice Nurse Practitioner ($500 Sign-on Bonus!)Hillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
No nights, weekends OR holidays!
Job Purpose: Provides direct clinical services to Clinic clients including exams, lab test follow up and the overall clinical coordination of services.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Program and licensed in the state of Iowa.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
1. Delivers appropriate health care services to clients.
2. Performs physical exams.
3. Oversees the lab testing procedures in the clinic.
4. Institutes medical referral as necessary.
5. Counsels and instructs clients in the use of contraceptive methods.
6. Provides STD testing, Pap testing, CA screens to clients, interprets results, and treats according to Hillcrest Family Services clinic protocols.
7. In conjunction with written protocols and consultation with the Medical Director, initiates prescriptions for contraceptive methods, gynecological conditions, and other simple medical conditions as needed.
8. Reviews all abnormal lab reports and oversee nursing staff in the education and follow up of clients.
9. Maintains protocols in written form, reviewing, revising every protocol as needed, at least every three years.
10. Reviews all cases referred to physicians.
11. Consults with the Medical Director on as needed basis related to specific cases.
12. Provides clinical supervision to staff in conjunction with the Director.
13. Exercises final decision making power in clinical issues.
14. Assists in performance evaluations of clinic staff.
15. Assist in writing client education pamphlets and materials.
16. To represent the program and the agency in activities extending beyond the clinic.
17. Present educational sessions to groups as indicated by professional ability.
18. Participates in public relations projects.
19. Shares information and resources to assist other programs in helping clients meet needs related to health care.
20. Establishes professional network within the Dubuque community.
21. Preceptors for NP students as directed by Clinic Manager.
22. Performs follow up of all abnormal pap smears in accordance with protocols.
23. Oversees maintenance of an up-to-date log of abnormal lab reports, contact with clients and documentation of follow-up.
24. Oversees education provided regarding pap smears.
25. Oversees the Pap follow up procedure and guidelines.
26. Provides quality assurance for health clinic.
27. Reviews medical files as needed.
28. Identifies issues of quality related to health services to the clinic client.
29. Offers suggestions for improving care given to clients.
30. Participates in clinic staff meetings.
31. Performs other tasks as delegated by the Clinic Manager.
32. Inserts and instructs clients in the use of long active reversible contraception.
33. Maintains professional licensure and continuing education.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|