Portzen Construction began in 1983 with several housing rehab projects where they converted old buildings. Portzen Construction was incorporated in May of 1989, changing the name to Portzen Construction, Inc. The company has since developed into a multi-faceted organization. Our capabilities include: complete excavation services for underground utilities, water service, storm and waste water piping, street repairs, and building foundations; concrete services for roads, streetscapes, parking lots and street paving, building foundations and structural concrete; carpentry services for residential, commercial and industrial structures including framing, finishing, cabinetry, siding and roofing; plumbing services for residential, commercial, and industrial projects including process piping for water treatment, waste water treatment plants and aquatic facilities for moderate size cities.
Portzen Construction is currently searching for a full-time Project Manager/Estimator Intern. Portzen Construction is a General Contractor located in Dubuque, Iowa. This position will assist Senior Project Managers in estimating and running construction projects.
- Assist Estimator with soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers prior to bid proposal submission time.
- Assist Project Manager with (RFIs) Requests for Information including creating, distribution, and tracking.
- Assist Project Manager with Submittals including requesting from subcontractors/suppliers, reviewing, distribute to design team, and tracking.
- Assist Project Manager with updating Subcontractors and Suppliers of any changes to the plans, specifications and/or schedule.
- Assist with keeping plans up-to-date with addendums, architect’s supplemental instruction, invitation to contractor’s, proposal requests, change orders, etc. These plans will be used for the owner’s As-Built Drawings.
- Working with project superintendent and foreman as needed.
- Visit jobsite and attend progress meetings, help with taking notes and distribution of meeting notes.
- Assisting with close-out documents when projects are complete.
- Attending a college or university and enrolled in a Construction Management type field.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project
This position is a summer internship position of 40 hours per week.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||205 Stone Valley Dr|
|Apply by Mail:||205 Stone Valley Dr|
Dubuque, IA 520039746
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|