Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools - Executive DirectorCommunity Foundation Of Greater Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
Our mission is simple:
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools - Executive Director
Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools Board of Directors
Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque President/CEO
Status: Part-time Employee (22 hours per week)
OVERVIEW: The Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools (FDPS) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing resources for all students of the Dubuque Community School District. FDPS is dedicated to building community relationships to grow resources for extending the excellence of Dubuque's public schools.
The Executive Director is responsible for implementing and administering the FDPS mission: Supporting student achievement by promoting investment in the Dubuque Public Schools. In conjunction with the FDPS Board of Directors, the Executive Director will set the strategic direction of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overall management, fundraising, creation and implementation of projects and programs for FDPS that have a direct impact on the Dubuque Public School District. The position is a partnership between FDPS and Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque (CFGD), but the Executive Director is an employee of CFGD.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a highly organized, independent thinker who has a passion for education and philanthropy. It is imperative that the incumbent possesses strong self-motivation, initiative, and persistence. The candidate must have a strong ability to work both independently as a member of teams while managing complex relationships. The selected candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, and strong research and computer skills. The selected candidate must be able to interpret and present budget reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An undergraduate degree is preferred; a degree in business administration, public relations, communications/marketing or nonprofit management would enhance the candidate’s qualifications. The successful candidate will have experience in fund development and/or estate planning activities, such as major gift solicitation and planned giving, as well as proven experience in grant writing. Experience working with nonprofit boards of directors preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase the FDPS’s financial assets by planning and implementing all fundraising activities and programs of the Foundation, including the following:Identify and obtain individual, corporate, and foundation contributions,
- Build strong relationships with donors and potential donors,
- Develop and execute fundraising plans, special events, and programs, including annual luncheon,
- Oversee production of all promotional mailings and electronic communications related to fundraising, and
- Serve as fundraising liaison with FDPS Board of Directors.
- Provide strong leadership necessary to achieve programmatic goals in the Dubuque Community School District, by cultivating strong relationships with partner organizations including the Dubuque Community School District, Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque and other community organizations as necessary to accomplish the mission of FDPS.
- Lead the FDPS interaction with the community through convening, speaking and partnering with a diverse group of funders, policy makers and agencies.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of FDPS Board and all committees and provide staff support for all Board and Committee proceedings, including preparing agendas, minutes, and logistics, and providing detailed reports about FDPS’s finances and operations.
- Maintain Governance & Nominations Committee official records, e.g., By-laws, Guidelines for Recruitment, Orientation of Directors, and Director Inventory (see GNC Resource Manual).
- Manage FDPS budget under parameters set by FDPS Board of Directors and CFGD, and
- Ensure that spending is appropriate and allowable and that CFGD President/CEO approves all expenditures,
- Enter into contracts with approval of FDPS Board of Directors and CFGD President/CEO, and
- Meet all contractual arrangements with funder, vendors, and consultants.
- Maintain and file all corporate state and federal tax reports.
- Maintain accurate records of hours spent and expenses associated with fulfilling these responsibilities.
SUPERVISORY: No direct supervisory duties.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to produce electronic communications. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|