Assistant RegistrarLoras College, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,800 students and employs over 350 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: http://www.loras.edu/~HR/.
Under the general supervision of the Registrar, performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties in support of the Registrar’s Office. On a daily basis the Assistant Registrar is responsible for advising students on curriculum requirements, ensuring the security of student academic records and personally identifying student information, maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations, and implementation of data management processes. The Assistant Registrar must at all times provide accurate and consistent information; clarify program requirements, policies and procedures; and uphold the academic standards of the institution.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provides excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, and alumni in response to inquiries regarding student information and office policies and procedures.
- Provide for the security and integrity of the student records system, and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations in regards to student academic records, in particular the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the Undergraduate Bulletin and other publications.
- Uses Colleague (Student information system/Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] system) to register students, collect and enter student grades (mid-term and final), process student course add/drops, enter approved college/university transfer credit, process approved student withdrawals, and process approved student graduation.
- Updates office website information.
- Collects student degree candidate information for graduation, and assists the Registrar/Associate Registrar in ensuring that the information has been reviewed and approved by appropriate individuals (advisors, department chairs, degrees committees, etc.)
- Acquire a deep understanding of college policy, curriculum, and the student information system (SIS).
- Maintain accurate records both digital (SIS) and physical (student files).
- Assist the Registrar in administrative tasks, including:
- Organizing & filing documents into student files.
- Distributing grades, schedules, reports, and other information to both students, faculty and staff.
- Communicates effectively with staff in other campus offices to ensure smooth transition of student information.
- Responds courteously and promptly to inquiries related to degree status and degree verification from outside constituents.
- Distributes office mail.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College’s Catholic tradition.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Registrar.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree required (in any field).
Experience: Minimum of two years of professional experience involving public contact, customer service and computer software usage, specifically, Microsoft Office Suite. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using a database, Microsoft SharePoint, and Ellucian Colleague.
Computer Skills: Proficient in the use of personal computers and commonly used office software programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook; experience with student information systems, and knowledge of the World Wide Web. Should possess an aptitude to learn new software programs.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|