Planning InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Planning Internship will begin in June and end in August of 2018.
What You’ll Do & Learn
As a Planning Intern you’ll be assisting with the analysis and development of seasonal forecasts and building out financial and buying plans to ensure we are maximizing profitability. You’ll develop & apply sales forecasting curves for catalog items through statistical analysis. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Determining initial estimates and quantities on catalog items to meet budgeted sales for each catalog
- Developing reports to show trend data by catalog, category, price-point, positioning, etc…
- Analyzing sales and profitability information for current catalogs and comparing to historical results
- Performing daily forecast system tasks/updates as necessary to ensure we are in sync with the mainframe at all times
What it Takes
This position requires initiative and the ability to be self-sufficient and efficient. Ideally, you will be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or Statistics.
- At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong Excel abilities and the ability to work in multiple databases
- An extensive knowledge and use of MS Office and Windows applications
- Paid Opportunities—This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 50% off.
- Time Off—We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.