Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Junior Accountant Internship will begin in June and end in August 2018.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
You’ll perform a variety of duties such as prepare monthly journal entries, general ledger account analysis, bank reconciliations, inventory analysis, process accounts payable invoices, numerical data entry for accounts receivable, and running Remittance Processing equipment. You will also assist with a variety of Accounting Department related projects. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and inputting monthly journal entries into the Great Plains Accounting Software
- Analyzing account/budget variances, preparing estimates
- Inputting Financial Statements from FRx software and preparing the reports for distribution to management staff
- Installing and maintaining both custom and purchased applications
- Reconciling Inter-Company accounts payable and receivable accounts
What it Takes:
We are currently looking for highly driven students pursing a degree in Accounting with excellent communication skills, both oral and written form. Ideally, you will have knowledge of basic Accounting functions and experience inputting data. In addition, we are looking for:
- At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Have a basic understanding of Accounting software
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to balance multiple projects
- Strong MS Excel Skills
- Paid Opportunities—This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 50% off.
- Time Off—We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|