Continuous Improvement/Engineering InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Continuous Improvement/Engineering Internship will begin in September and end in December 2018.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
The Continuous Improvement / Engineering Intern will complete a variety of assignments per the direction of Bakery management and assists in the coordination of various initiatives covering all aspects of the operation. Activities include BSOP generation, production supervision, CI projects, yield studies, training, production dashboards/metrics, etc. In addition, you will be responsible for
- Monitoring production rates
- Assisting in the development of standards
- Coordinating with Production proper usage of DATEX WMS
- Championing various projects of various scope and magnitude as assigned by steering team
- Taking on supervisory duties as needed
What It Takes:
We’re seeking a student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Production/Operations Management, Engineering, or related major, in at least Junior Senior standing, (recent graduates may be considered) with a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher. To be considered, applicants must also possess the following skills:
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate at different levels and to different personality types
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in MS Word and Excel
- Paid Opportunities—This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 50% off.
- Time Off—We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.