Employment Specialist InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. Our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
Our employees ARE our most important asset. To support them and our business operations, we are seeking seeking Employment Specialist Interns to focus on the recruitment of temporary employees. If you would enjoy the challenges and excitement of recruiting and supporting a dynamic and ever-changing workforce—this could be the opportunity for you!
The Employment Specialist Internship will begin in June and end in December 2018. We have opportunities in Monroe, WI and Sun Prairie, WI.
What You’ll Do
We need thousands of employees to deliver the excitement we promise our customers so we do a lot of hiring! Your work will primarily revolve around fulfilling temporary hiring goals. To meet those goals, you duties will involve interviewing candidates, hiring, and orientating new employees. You’ll also be responsible for:
- Performing reference and background checks on applicants as needed
- Processing necessary paperwork related to the hiring
- Conducting temporary employee surveys
- Assisting with updating and entering drug screening information into our computer system
- Assisting Human Resource Manager with special projects and tasks as assigned
What it takes
This role requires a strong, consistent, and empathetic communicator with knowledge around the Human Resource function. Ideally you will be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources or related field. In addition, we are looking for:
- Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Effective presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to effectively handle difficult situations/ conversations diplomatically
- Paid Opportunities—This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 50% off.
- Time Off—We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.