Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Programmer Analyst Internship will begin in June and end in December 2018.
What You’ll Do & Learn
As a Programmer Analyst, you will be part of an agile team and will assist with research and fact-finding to develop and modify a data processing system. You will support the Systems and Programming team with writing and maintaining simpler application programs, generally coding from documented specifications. DevOps, Security and the cloud are an important part of what we do. Also, you will work on limited systems analysis work. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining existing programs and processes
- Designing, coding, and testing new programs and processes
- Installing and maintaining both custom and purchased applications
- Developing, maintaining and supporting policies and procedures which are intended to protect designed computer programs, data bases and data files from unauthorized or accidental duplication, modification or destruction.
What it Takes
We are currently looking for highly driven students pursing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math or related fields with excellent communication skills, both oral and written form. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of common programming language. In addition, we are looking for:
- At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Knowledge of C#, Java, SQL, VB.Net or COBOL is desired
- Experience with relational databases, Cloud experience and DevOps knowledge helpful
- Application Debugging experience
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Paid Opportunities—This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 50% off.
- Time Off—We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|