Restorative AideSisters of Charity, BVM (Mt. Carmel), Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Sisters of Charity, BVM at Mount Carmel is an active community of Catholic women religious who minister in 19 states and two foreign countries in works of charity, justice, education, and freedom. These four values guide us in our mission to ensure employees are treated fairly, compensated justly and are provided opportunities for personal and professional growth. To learn more about Sisters of Charity, BVM, please visit us at http://www.bvmcong.org.
- Foster and affirm the mission, core values and philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
- Work as a team with other Wellness Department staff members to embrace goals and objectives of the Wellness Program;
- Assess and implement exercise programs to promote optimal physical and functional potential;
- Be alert to unsafe physical movements (transferring, etc.) or environmental conditions which may cause a resident to be at risk for injury;
- Provide therapeutic exercises (gait training, body mechanics etc.);
- Provide treatment modalities (hot packs, Active and Passive Range of Motion) as directed by the physical therapist and or department coordinator;
- Work closely with nursing and physical therapy to carry out exercise prescriptions;
- Provide orientation to staff and Residents on Fitness Center‘s policies and guidelines, equipment and pool use;
- Conduct one on one and group exercises;
- Provide individuals with information related to their own cardiopulmonary self- monitoring including Perceived Rate of Exertion Scale and Target Heart Rate;
- Identify signs and symptoms of cardiopulmonary stress which may require reducing or terminating exercise; report incident to the appropriate personal;
- Document resident’s participation in programming;
- Document resident Progress Notes; noting progress, variances and modifications to the exercise prescription;
- Attend weekly staff meetings;
- Share observations and assessments with your Supervisor.
- Maintain Restorative Aide certification by participating in 12 hours of Continuing education annually.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding residents, employee and facility business which includes use of electronic media.
Interested candidates should hold a Restorative Aide certification, CNA certification, or equivalent educational certification.
This is a Monday - Friday (no weekends/holidays) position that qualifies for an exceptional benefits package and tuition assistance.
Candidates may also visit Caritas Center at the address below to complete an application.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|