Chief Flight Instructor- Rotor WingUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a Chief Flight Instructor – Rotor Wing in the Aviation department.
- All rotor-wing flight training activities for the Flight Operations program
- Mentor and supervise Assistant Chief and Flight Instructors
- Be the principle point-of-contact to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), local Air Traffic Control facility, airfield operations for the University of Dubuque
- Ensure compliance with Title 14 CFR applicable to flight training, other regulatory policies and the SMS
- Manage all flight training activities and Training Course Outlines (TCO)
- Ensure compliance with record keeping related to flight training, maintenance of a flight standardization program and end-of-course evaluation
- Coordinate with the Aviation Safety Manager on all safety and security related concerns
- Any other duties as assigned in the advancement of the UD and aviation department mission
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation or related field, or a minimum of 1,000 hours’ duel given in Rotor-Wing aircraft
- Current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate (CFII) in Rotor-Wing aircraft
- Meet FAA recent flight experience requirements pursuant to FAR part 141.35 and 61.57
- Meet all FAR Part 141 Chief Flight instructor requirements for Private, Instrument, Commercial and Flight Instructor certificates and ratings
- FAA-A&P, NBAA-CAM, AAAE-ACE, AAAE-CM, or similar certified individuals preferred
- Effective communication skills; both orally and writing
- Exceptional skills using Microsoft Office
- Valid US driver’s license
Both part-time and full-time applications will be considered with a start date of June 2018.
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. The Aviation Department manages three Aviation Programs that provide students with the academic and professional tools needed to success in all segments of the Aviation Industry.
To apply for the Chief Flight Instructor – Rotor Wing position in the Aviation department, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website (http://www.dbq.edu/AboutUD/Employment/Jobs/), to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.