The Sisters of Charity, BVM at Mount Carmel is an active community of Catholic women religious who minister in 19 states and two foreign countries in works of charity, justice, education, and freedom. These four values guide us in our mission to ensure employees are treated fairly, compensated justly and are provided opportunities for personal and professional growth. To learn more about Sisters of Charity, BVM, please visit us at http://www.bvmcong.org.
We are currently accepting applications for a RN/LPN to work in our Mt. Carmel Continuing Care Retirement Community. This full-time evening (2-10pm) position offers 75 hours per pay period, qualifying for a generous benefit offering and tuition assistance! Holiday and weekend rotation required.
- Foster and affirm the mission, core values and philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding resident, employee and facility business.
- Participate in the admission, transfer and discharge process of all residents to and within the Mount Carmel CCRC;
- Provide leadership in conducting resident rounds. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care each shift relevant to level of care; report all pertinent information or resident condition to Care Manager and/or Coordinator of Health Care Services; document in resident chart as appropriate;
- Contact physician regarding changes in resident conditions as necessary;
- Receive, transcribe, process and implement new orders prescribed by physicians;
- Receive report from previous shift, give report to oncoming shift; passing on pertinent information relevant to the continuity of care of the residents;
- Assure Elderly Waiver documentation is complete on each shift;
- Assign, mentor and supervise activities of nursing assistants and medication aides in the performance of their duties and complete performance appraisals, keeping CCRC Nursing Supervisor informed of performances;
- Assure a safe environment for residents and staff by following established policies and procedures;
- Maintain infection control by following universal precautions as established by OSHA;
- Facilitate an environment of wellness, promoting maximum independence for each resident;
- Administer medications and treatments in accordance with Iowa Code of Nursing.
For more information about Sisters of Charity, BVM, visit us on-line at http://www.bvmcong.org.
Candidates who feel called to apply may complete an application at Caritas Center (same address as below) to apply in person.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||1100 Carmel Drive|
|Apply by Mail:||1100 Carmel Drive|
Dubuque, IA 52003
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|