Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
The Driver Manager oversees the operations of drivers who are dispatched from Hirschbach terminals. The Driver Manager’s goal is to increase driver retention by providing drivers with 2,500 miles per week, managing home time, using TPI effectively, and encouraging drivers to provide excellent service. The Driver Manager generates daily reports and weekly reviews for each driver. The review discussions with the drivers include fuel economy, idle time, home time, maintenance, safety, and settlements. The Driver Manager keeps Remaining Days Out (RDO) and Predicted Time Available (PTA) information current in AS-400 software. The Driver Manager also communicates driver issues or requests directly to the planner, dispatcher, or customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring assigned drivers daily.
- Sending preplans to drivers and securing a driver commitment within two hours.
- Tracking and recording drivers’ performance from dispatch to delivery to ensure on-time service.
- Updating drivers’ PTA in the system quickly and accurately.
- Managing driver home time requirements and keeping appropriate personnel informed of those requirements by updating each driver’s RDO daily.
- Working closely with safety, maintenance, and operations to ensure operators comply with the policies and procedures of each department.
- Promptly answering phone calls, e-mails, voicemails, and other questions from co-workers and drivers.
- Monitoring the OR of all Hirschbach drivers to proactively identify issues that may cause turnover, then creating resolutions to ensure the success of Hirschbach and its drivers.
- Proactively identifying issues that may occur with an operator’s settlement or pay by working closely with Settlement and Payroll.
- Maintaining positive customer, driver, and carrier relations.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate via e-mail, telephone, and in person with clear, correct, and effective English.
- Understanding of dispatch philosophy and procedures of the company.
- Ability to persuade and motivate drivers, keeping “customer satisfaction and driver satisfaction” as guidelines.
- Previous experience with AS-400, Peoplenet, Electronic Logbooks, and Netgraf
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|