Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- Bachelor degree in a human services field is required.
- Experience working with mentally ill clients is preferred.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation for the interdisciplinary nature of treatment for children and adults with mental illness is required.
- Knowledge of human growth and development and behavioral theories is required.
- Acceptable agency driver required.
- Keyboarding/basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
1. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team, working closely with nursing, primary health care and auxiliary service providers.
2. Coordinates enrollment processes.
3. Coordinates appointment scheduling, arranges transportation and makes follow up calls as necessary.
4. Provides direct crisis service to clients.
5. Participates in treatment team meetings, care coordination activities and case discussions on a regular basis.
6. Acts as a resource for other team members pertaining to treatment issues and needed services/interventions.
7. Provides continued education and reinforces ongoing whole health needs.
8. Completes initial and ongoing assessments in person (required for ICM clients) or telephonically and evaluates referral and service needs.
9. Coordinates primary health, dental and community service needs.
10. Accurately documents all contact related to assigned clients in a timely basis, from all sources.
11. Coordinates patient care with partnering agencies to ensure seamless transition of care.
12. Faxes med reviews and medication list to Emergency Room.
13. Contacts insurance for pre-authorizations.
14. Escorts the client to the Emergency Room when necessary.
15. Documents care given to clients in the medical record in a timely manner.
16. Provides quality assurance for health services.
17. Regularly reviews client medical records.
18. Identifies issues of quality related to the crisis mental health services provided to clients.
19. Prepares and distributes educational materials; conducting educational programs; answers questions and requests.
20. Develops and provide training to staff on crisis procedures and crisis mental health issues.
21. Obtains and maintain up-to-date information about patient assistance programs.
22. Participates in other committees as assigned by Hillcrest Mental Health Center Director (for example, Infection Control, Behavior Management, etc.).
23. Assumes other duties as assigned.