Development and Marketing InternUnited Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States, Dubuque, IA
What we now recognize as United Way began in 1887 when a woman, a priest, a rabbi and two ministers created an organization in Denver to collect funds for local charities. The first year $21,700 was raised for 10 health and welfare organizations. And that was just the beginning …
In 1928, United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States began its work as the Dubuque Community Chest. Citizens and civic organizations joined together under the principle that “Individualism is a traditional characteristic of the American people, but so is the spirit of teamwork pulling together for good causes.”
At the time the Dubuque Community Chest was organized, there were only 350 Community Chests in the United States. Today, there are more than 1,800 United Ways worldwide, and United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States has gone from raising $65,000 annually to raising more than $1.8 million annually.
Today, United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States is still committed to the ideals of diversity and inclusion. We support health and human service programs that address identified community needs and encourage collaboration. These initiatives align with our three pillars of health, education and financial stability – the building blocks of a good quality of life.
United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States is looking for an intern!
Do you want to gain experience in development and marketing with a well-known local non-profit?
Are you skilled in event planning and project management?
If you answer yes, this opportunity may be right for you! The Development and Marketing Internship offers 5-15 hours/week of hands-on, real-world experience, designed around your schedule.
To apply, send your resume to Sondra Briese, Director of Resource Development & Donor Relation: Sondra.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Development & Marketing Intern is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the business community for the purpose of advancing our efforts in health, education and income.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Writing and development of monthly e-newsletters to our general mailing list.
- Development of a quarterly CEO report.
- Assistance in planning, coordinating and executing CEO meetings at various businesses in the community.
- Development of a quarterly employee report with design assistance from the Telegraph Herald.
- Identification and execution of fundraising strategies integrating new segments of the population (i.e. Dine Around)
- Development of sponsorship program for implementation at United Way’s recognition event.
- Assistance with development of new donor recognition program.
- Cold calls and drop ins to share 2-1-1 and FamilyWize information with the business community and HR representatives specifically.
- Writing and submission of annual DRA grant application (request of $25,000).
- Writing and submission of family foundation grants.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communicating and Influencing
- Partnering and Teamwork
- Personal Excellence
Education and Experience Required
- High School Graduation required
- Knowledge required of: Event coordination and Project management
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Gmail, PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and web-based applications
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||Sondra.email@example.com|
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|