3rd Shift Night Monitor- SLEEP POSITIONArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Six months of consistent general work experience
- 12th grade level of reading, math, and writing skills
- Ability to comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Writing ability to clearly document contact notes and incident reports
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasional lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- May require certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Provides assistance for individual(s) receiving services on an as needed basis during sleeping hours.
- Implements self-care programs and procedures necessary to prepare people for the day, including dressing, mealtime, and hygiene programs ensuring the individual(s) are well groomed and appropriately dressed for the work site or other day activities, as applicable to the position.
- Completes light cleaning tasks as appropriate.
- Provides documentation (logs, contact notes, program data, incident reports, etc.) on the activities of people being provided services.
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Consistently assures that programming is completed for each person served including during times of crises/behavioral situations, emergency/scheduled evacuations, and while attending to specific medical needs.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections as assigned and according to agency timelines.
- Passes medications and/or supervises self-administration of medications to individuals receiving services after completing agency sponsored training.
- Manages the stress associated with training and caring for people who may occasionally exhibit non-compliant and/or aggressive behavior.
- Remains in control and follows through in emergency situations without the presence of supervision.
- Attends departmental and agency meetings and training as assigned by supervisor.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|