Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Plans and establishes production schedules for a defined segment of our manufacturing operation, involving highly diversified parts, and assemblies to conform to requirements of the master production schedule. Works with purchasing department to ensure sufficient parts are planned and released to support production schedules. Monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production and reviews factors that affect schedules. Makes necessary modifications to schedules, issuing orders to appropriate department or supplier due to revisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules and releases orders to individual departments and analyzes new orders to plan, schedule and release to achieve goals of inventory, customer service, safety, quality, and budget.
- Works with assigned areas to resolve production issues.
- Liaising with Material Handling, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to assure that Master Schedule and corporate objectives are met.
- Performs activities required to implement Engineering design changes as assigned.
- Analyzes and adjusts schedules, as necessary, driven by changes in Master Schedule, raw material availability, or production constraints. Balances inventory plan with production constraints considering Master schedule and corporate goals.
- Monitors inventory control record anomalies, seeks adjustments as necessary, analyzes results and adjusts schedules.
- Initial analysis of component usage history, order patterns, future demands/forecasts, supplier’s minimums/multiples, contamination, cost, LT, etc.
|Years of Experience||--|