Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Allied HealthNortheast Iowa Community College, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
1. At least 3 years of recent Administrative Assistant work experience OR appropriate diploma or associate degree in related field required.
2. Experience working in an academic setting preferred.
3. Extensive experience using Microsoft Word and Excel and knowledge of office practices and procedures required.
4. Must be able to work independently on a variety of tasks and responsibilities and act responsibly in the absence of the supervisor.
5. Ability to represent the college in a positive manner with students, clients, suppliers, and members of the community required.
6. Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner required.
- Maintain smooth and efficient operation of department activities.
- Work independently and use initiative in making decisions.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Enter, edit, and finalize various items including correspondence, reports, program and department policies and procedures, financial statements, department and advisory meeting minutes, and memos for the Department Dean and faculty.
- Access, input, and retrieve information for word processing, spreadsheets, and Colleague, along with performing accounting, filing, and other office duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Gather, assemble, distribute, update, and retrieve all information, forms, records, and data as requested.
- Assist with course scheduling.
- Answer phone, greet visitors, and process in-coming and out-going mail.
- Meet and deal effectively and courteously with students, faculty, staff and members of the community. Be knowledgeable about department programs in order to refer students to appropriate personnel for assistance when necessary.
- Make travel, hotel, and meeting arrangements when requested.
- Maintain effective and efficient flow of information through calendars, notes, phone calls, memos, e-mail, and correspondence.
- Keep work area neat and orderly; lock doors and filing cabinets before leaving.
- Operate office equipment and report needed repairs to service or maintenance personnel.
- Order supplies and materials for department.
- Initiate purchasing requisitions as needed.
- Ensure that weekly/monthly reports, expense forms and absence forms are processed on a regular basis.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|