Associate Portfolio Manager for Engineering, Computer Science, and Physical SciencesMcGraw-Hill Education, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
At McGraw-Hill Education, we believe that our contribution to unlocking a brighter future lies within the application of our deep understanding of how learning happens and how the mind develops. It exists where the science of learning meets the art of teaching.
Educators have been and always will be at the core of the learning experience. The solutions we develop help educators impart their knowledge to students more efficiently. We believe that harnessing technology can enhance learning inside and outside of the classroom and deepen the connections between students and teachers to empower greater success.
By partnering with educators around the globe, our learning engineers, content developers and pedagogical experts are developing increasingly open learning ecosystems that are proven to improve pass rates, elevate grades and increase engagement for each individual learner while improving outcomes for all.
Why? Because learning changes everything.
- Understand market problems through market research and synthesis.
- Drive growth through superior portfolio management. Including the development of a product strategy & plan with vision statement/value proposition, P&L management, resource allocation, schedule development and management, market dynamics analysis
- Drive innovative content solutions that address the needs of the markets through an iterative analysis of market problems.
- Work with all appropriate company personnel to guide the timely and profitable publication of course programs with an emphasis on digital content development.
- Work with senior product management team to develop short and long-term business goals.
- Work with marketing and market development to develop a short and long-term growth strategy and the tactics to execute on strategic priorities.
- Create or identify new market opportunities and solutions.
- Negotiate contracts and partnerships for new and revised product offerings.
- Three plus years in a product development, program management, marketing, sales or related roles, working with products in higher education preferred.
- Three plus years in educational technology or related field.
- National travel required, up to approximately 20%.
- Energetic personality and a team player who is comfortable collaborating in a large, fast-paced, team environment.
- Interest in learning about content, instructional design, and curriculum.
- Strong ability to identify, prioritize, and execute business plans to grow market share, promote customer retention, and drive revenue.
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines, and turn projects around in a short time frame
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago, North America-United States-Washington-Seattle