Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
- Performs assignments ranging from ordinary tool room operation to work involving accurate and extremely close tolerances to enhance quality and efficiency throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Assists in the development of equipment and/or processes.
- Communicates and coordinates with other departments to achieve production schedules and other company goals and objectives.
- Maintains accurate production records through the use of BEC information systems.
- Occasional overtime required.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge in tool making or machining.
- Knowledgeable in the use of information systems such as Visual PDM, 4th Shift, etc. as required.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other BEC process documentation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or GED (or high school equivalence certificate) required.
- Journeyman Tool & Die Maker with minimum 3 years of experience preferred.
The work environment is friendly, clean, and climate controlled. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package as well as opportunities for advancement.
Bodine Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||--|